A modern man is reborn into a fantasy world as a sword in this new isekai light novel series!
Reincarnated as a sentient weapon with memories of his past life, but not his name, a magical sword saves a young beastgirl from a life of slavery. Fran, the cat-eared girl, becomes his wielder, and wants only to grow stronger, while the sword wants to know why he is here. Together, the strange duo’s journey has only just begun!
- Chapter 1: The Lonely Sword of the Great Plains
- Chapter 2: Sword Meets Girl
- Chapter 3: A Deal with the Guild
- Chapter 4: Our First Dungeon
- Bonus Story: My First Supper with Fran
- August Allsand
To view the illustrations, click here.
Differences from the original web edition:
- In the web novel (WN), Self-Modifying was a skill Teacher received at the start that was not given in the light novel (LN).
- There are differences in the stats and levels the goblins who first approach Teacher have. In addition, this applies to basically all monsters they encounter. Usually, the MP is typically higher in the LN.
- Teacher also obtains another skill named Hawkeye upon vanquishing the Air Floater in the LN.
- The events of day five in the WN happen on day four.
- In the LN, Teacher decided to go on a goblin hunt, but upon finding a lower amount than expected, decides to follow one to find their den. In the end, he was not lead to any goblin nest even after 2 days so he tries a tactic on a group. In the WN, he just follows a goblin to exterminate them.
- Statuses are shortened where able, while appearing less often, compared to the WN.
- The next perspective after testing newly-obtained magic came four days after, while in the WN it was ten. In the LN he encounters a group of slimes, a Cannon Tortoise, and a Flare Leopard, too - something not described in the WN.Cite error: Closing
- He encounters a High Goblin in addition to a regular goblin when on his way to Area 5.
- Identify results exempt monster Threat Levels.
- The skills tested after defeating the Gluttonous Slimelord (LN)/Slime Lord (WN) now include Camouflage.
- The defeat of the Tyrant Saber-Tooth was not summarized like in the WN.
- The Evolution part of the status is a separate section.
- Teacher's change in perspective at 10 days stuck in the magic-sealing ground is not shown. Instead, it skips straight to the one month perspective.
- "Level Max" is changed to "Level 10".
- Slaves are bound by paper contracts instead of Contract Magic.
- Rather than Gorudo or Golde, Gold is "Gold" or "G".
- Randell also provides information about ranks upon the first encounter.
- Volume 1 synopsis by Seven Seas Entertainment
- LN volume 1, chapter 1
- WN chapter 1
- WN chapter 3
- WN chapter 4
- WN chapter 5
- WN chapter 6
- LN volume 1, chapter 1 and WN chapter 11
- LN volume 1, chapter 2
- WN chapter 13
- WN chapter 15
|Volume 1 • Volume 2 • Volume 3 • Volume 4 • Volume 5 • Volume 6 • Volume 7 • Volume 8 • Volume 9 • Volume 10 • Volume 11|
|Volume 1 • Volume 2 • Volume 3 • Volume 4 • Volume 5 • Volume 5 • Volume 6 • Volume 7 • Volume 8 • Volume 9|
Volume 1 • Volume 2